Owner Relations

We value our relationships with our royalty and interest owners and want to provide answers to your questions in a prompt and informative manner.

For answers to some of our most commonly asked question, please refer to our FAQ section below. If you are unable to find the answer you need, please call 281-465-0276 or email gmeownerinfo@pandplandservice.com

Frequently Asked Questions

Why did I receive a Division Order and what does it mean?

You received a Division Order because our title records show you own an interest in the property described on the Division Order form. A Division Order is a document that indicates a new well(s) have been drilled or a transfer of interest has occurred. You may also receive a Division Order on an existing well, if Grayson Mill Energy takes over operations of the well from another company. The following information is listed on a Division Order:

  • The well(s) for which revenue will be distributed
  • The operator of the well(s) listed
  • The owner’s remittance address
  • The owner’s ID with Grayson Mill Energy
  • The owner’s decimal interest in the property, which is their proportionate share of the production from the well(s)
  • The owner’s pay or suspense status

If we do not have a Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number on file, Grayson Mill Energy will request the owner complete and return a W-9 that we will provide with the Division Order. The Owner is asked to sign and return the Division Order showing that they agree with Grayson Mill Energy’s records. Grayson Mill Energy uses this information to remit the appropriate portion of proceeds from oil and gas sales to each owner. A Division Order does NOT alter or amend the lease in any way.

Why am I being asked to Provide a W-9?

Federal Law requires that individuals provide a Social Security Number (SSN) and partnerships provide a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) for the owner account. If the appropriate TIN or SSN is not received, Grayson Mill Energy may suspend revenue until this SSN or TIN is received. Federal law requires you to furnish your Social Security or Taxpayer Identification Number. Failure to comply will result in 28% tax withholding and will not be refundable by payer. Please click on the link below to access a W-9 Form.

Download W-9 form

Mail W-9 form to:

P&P Land Services
Attn: Grayson Mill Energy Owner Relations
2441 High Timbers Drive, Suite 300
The Woodlands, TX 77380
Or email to: gmeownerinfo@pandplandservices.com

When are royalty checks mailed? What do I do if I think my royalty check is lost or stolen?

Royalty checks are mailed around the 25th of each month. Please allow sufficient time for delivery by the postal service before contacting us. If you believe your check may be lost or stolen, you may request a stop payment by contacting Grayson Mill Energy at the address or e-mail below. Please be advised that checks are reissued in the next regularly scheduled monthly revenue distribution (checks will be held until the royalty payment amount due is $50 or more).

Physical Address
Grayson Mill Energy
1160 Dairy Ashford, Suite 140
Houston, TX 77079


Please provide your owner number and the month of the check which you did not receive.

Does Grayson Mill offer direct deposit?

If you are a current interest owner and wish to receive revenue payments by direct deposit, please complete and return to Grayson Mill Energy the enrollment form attached to the link below along with an original, voided check. Please be advised it may take up to two months for your direct deposit to be implemented. After enrollment, your future payments will be directly deposited into your US bank account. To cancel direct deposits, you must notify us in writing. All cancellations require two (2) weeks for processing.

Once you direct deposit begins, you will no longer receive a paper check.

Download ACH Enrollment Form

Will I receive a Form 1099 from Grayson Mill Energy?

Form1099 Misc. is used to report royalty and rental payments. Grayson Mill Energy will mail these forms by January 31st of each year.

The IRS does not require 1099 Misc. forms for:

  • Royalty income of less than $10 in a year
  • Rental income of less than $600 in a year
  • Corporations
Why are my royalty payments suspended?

The most common reasons for which payments are suspended include: a title defect, a title dispute, an assignment of interest, notice of death, lack of a completed W-9 indicating the owner’s Taxpayer Identification Number or Social Security Number, or in the event of an incorrect address.

Why don’t I receive a check every month?

Grayson Mill Energy will hold proceeds until the total amount accrued under an owner’s account equals $50 at which time a check will be issued on the 25th of the month.

How do I change my address?

For security purposes, Grayson Mill Energy requires all address changes in writing along with either the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number OR owner ID and a signature. Please click on the link below to access the change of address form. The form contains return instructions.

Download Change of Address Form

What is required to transfer interest from a deceased owner?

Grayson Mill Energy requires that you provide proper, recorded, probate documentation (must be recorded in the county where the property is situated) transferring interest from the owner of record to the appropriate heirs/devisees. All documentation must be up to the legal title standards of the state where the property is situated. We recommend you contact an estate attorney who is licensed to practice in the state where the property is situated. A resource for locating an attorney can be found by clicking the link below

Find Law Website

What do I need to provide in order to retrieve information regarding my relative’s account?

Grayson Mill Energy requires that you provide power of attorney (POA) or other legal documentation. If you do not have such documentation, then the owner of the account you are inquiring about must send a letter with their signature giving Grayson Mill Energy permission to release information on their account. We accept a typed or written note with owner’s signature via e-mail, fax or US-mail. Please provide the last 4 digits of the owner’s Social Security Number OR owner ID. Please be advised we may call the owner of the account for verification.

I want to sell or lease my interest. Who should I contact?

Mineral owners and interest owners who want to sell or lease are welcome to contact Grayson Mill Energy’s owner relations team through the contact information below. You do not need to have an owner account with Grayson Mill Energy prior to contacting us regarding selling or leasing your interest. Please have the state, section, township, and range of your interest available prior to calling, as Grayson Mill Energy will need this information in order to proceed.

Physical Address:

Grayson Mill Energy
1160 Dairy Ashford, Suite 140
Houston, TX 77079



Owner Relations Phone Line:

How do I contact Grayson Mill Energy?

Physical Address:

Grayson Mill Energy
1160 Dairy Ashford, Suite 140
Houston, TX 77079



Owner Relations Phone Line:


Please provide name, owner number, and the description of the property in which you own interest.

Please leave a detailed message about your issue so that we may research and/or resolve it prior to returning your call. We make the best effort to respond to calls within 2 business days. Please also note the owner relations line is not maintained on holidays or weekends. Leaving one, detailed voice message is the best way to ensure a rapid response. Alternatively, you are welcome to reach us via email at land@graysonmillenergy.com

Accounts Payable & Joint Interest Billing:


Royalty Distribution: